The Royal Charter is integral to the profession and what is required from the Landscape Architect through the standards of the code is to:
- Promote professional attitudes
- Promote professional competence
- Promote trust in professional relationships.
It dictates several fundamental obligations to all Landscape Architects as well as me:
- The application of intellectual and analytical skills
- The planning and design of all types of outdoor and enclosed spaces
- The determination of policies and planning for existing and future landscapes
- The appraisal and harmonious integration of development and the built environment into landscapes
- The conservation, modification and continuing management of the landscapes
- The promotion of a greater knowledge and understanding of materials and technology and resolution of practicall and scape issues and problems
- The promotion of abetter understanding of the principles and purposes of natural, biological and physical systems affecting or relating to the landscape.