The main objectives of the Royal Charter are:
- To protect, conserve and enhance the natural and built environment for the public benefit, through the promotion of landscape architecture.
- To foster and encourage the dissemination of knowledge relating to Landscape Architecture and the promotion of research and education therein.
- To establish, uphold and advance the standards of education, qualification, competence and conduct of those who practice Landscape Architecture as a profession.
- To determine standards and criteria for education, training and experience.
- The Royal Charter (PDF, Landscape Institute) [*requires member login]