When you visit our website ExamChum.uk (the “Website”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We
take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time
to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue the use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- When do we collect information?
- Information automatically collected
- How do we use your information?
- How do we protect your information?
- Do we use ‘cookies’?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Account Information
- Third-party disclosure
- Third-party links / Affiliation
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Who will your information be shared with?
- Payment gateways
- Google Analytics & AdSense
- How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
- Fair Information Practices
- Email address collection
- Do we make updates to this notice?
- How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
- Contacting us
When and what personal information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you:
- (A) register on our Website through enrolling to our online course.
- (B) use our Contact form
- (C) sign up for email notifications about our Services.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
(A) Online course registration
We collect information from you when you register on our Website through enrolling to our online course. When registering for the online course, you will be asked to enter:
- Your full name
- An email address that you have access to
- A billing address (personal or workplace)
- Your phone number
- Your workplace business title (optional)
- A username
- A password.
This information is being kept in our website’s database only for the required period to provide you with access to the online course and is then automatically deleted.
You may request for an extension of access to your account after the course expires.
You may request for your account and relevant information to be deleted prior to the course expiration.
Payment Data; You will be required to input some data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase for the online course, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
(B) Contact form
We collect information from you when you wish to contact us through our Contact form. You will be asked to enter:
- Your full name
- An email address that you have access to.
(C) Email notifications about our Services
We collect information from you when you sign up for email notifications about our Services. You will be asked to enter:
- Your full name
- An email address that you have access to.
Information automatically collected
Some information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage
information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other
technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our email notifications, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to
enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your
marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “What are your privacy rights” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalised content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to
measure its effectiveness. For more information see our Cookies Policy.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
set out in our ‘Cookies Policy‘.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other
legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been
stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor
dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our
records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
What are your privacy rights?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information,
- (ii) to request rectification or erasure;
- (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and
- (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find
their contact details here.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may contact us.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can either:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems,
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or
reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website, please visit this page. For further information, please see
our Cookies Policy.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be
removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service
requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Contact us using the contact information provided
- Use the link provided to unsubscribe.
We do not sell or trade to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
In order to further improve our future customer experience and better serve our audience, verified users of the course may receive a feedback and/or review request from trusted review submission websites.
For more information on the review website currently used for this purpose, please visit:
We are using an email management platform to better control our marketing communication with users who have opted in our email campaigns. When submitting your name and email to a form (excluding the Contact form), this information is automatically being added to an external database.
You can always opt out of receiving any further promotional emails by unsubscribing from our lists. You can do this by following the relevant link at the bottom of each marketing email.
For more information on the marketing platform, please visit:
Third-party links / Affiliation
Links to third-party products or services are used on our website. This is includes the proposed ‘Books for Landscape Architects’ dedicated page, as well other links used within individual posts where the content of the post is relevant to an affiliate product. The links to these products are part of an Affiliate scheme, where commission for each sale is paid to ExamChum.
This commission does not affect the overall payable price by the customer.
The schemes that ExamChum is currently using affiliate links for, are for the following reputable companies:
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it.
They will also not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorised each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled “How can you contact us about this notice?”.
- Website Platform: WordPress.org
- Invoice and Billing: PayPal and Stripe
- Web and Mobile Analytics: Google Analytics
- Feedback and Testimonials: TrustPilot
- Marketing campaigns: MailChimp
You can complete the purchase of the course either through PayPal or Stripe.
Both of these internationally recognised payment gateways offer an encrypted and secure environment, with options to pay through your existing account or directly from your credit/debit card.
Your payment is handled exclusively and directly from these gateways and no card information is ever stored in our database during the checkout process.
For more information visit:
Google Analytics & AdSense
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
We agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information by logging in to your account.
For more information on Google’s Privacy and Terms, please visit this page.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing
activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other
mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of
this privacy notice.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair
Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the
following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle
requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Email address collection
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can do this by:
Following the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Do we make updates to this notice?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this
privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are
protecting your information.
How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update,
or delete your personal information, please contact us. We aim to respond to your request within 2 working days.