The developments listed in Schedule 2 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Scotland) Order 1992, represent developments likely to raise amenity issues beyond immediate neighbours or during the evening and weekend hours.
Such issues include but are not limited to:
- Noise increase
- Large numbers of people gathering in or moving through an area
- Significant increases in traffic movements
- Development with increased parking requirements
- The construction or use of buildings for any of the following purposes:
- bingo hall
- building for indoor games
- dance hall
- gymnasium (not forming part of a school, college or university)
- hot food shop licensed premises
- music hall
- skating ring
- swimming pool
- Turkish or other vapour or foam baths.
Where a planning application includes development listed in the Schedule, the application must be advertised in a local newspaper, in addition to any required notification of neighbours, to raise awareness more widely in the local community.